Friday

emma's story (a guest post)

This morning I left my house at 7:28 am to walk to the bus stop in the snow (yes, I take the bus). The snow was not very deep yet, but there was just enough of it to make the roads wet and slippery, and so I shuffled my feet along cautiously to avoid any embarassment. Even so, I was wearing flats (which do not grip well on anything, never mind snow), and so by accident I slid a few feet across the cross walk. After regaining my equilibrium and continuing to walk, I suddenly heard the voice of my next-door neighbor, a little old lady with curly grey hair, whose face had appeared in her now-open window. I speak to my neighbor on a few occasions, but mostly all I ever hear her say is "Hello."
"Be careful!" she called out to me this morning in an adamant tone. "Don't slip, or you'll have a wet butt for school!"
She closed her window, and that was that,

No comments: