Thursday

A caring citizen

On the night of Barak Obama's first State of the Union Address, a group of my friends and I were standing around outside a McDonalds.  The Address was showing on the televisions inside.  A man emerges from the establishment shouting.
"Obama is in there giving his State of the Union speech and you're out here standing around!"
We stare.  He forges ahead.
"Obama is God!  I listen to everything he says!"
"What is he talking about?"  My friend calmly tries to make this an ordinary conversation.
"The State of the Union!"  He replies, still shouting.
"If he's God," My friend asks, "Why aren't you in there listening to him?"
"I'm streaming it on my iphone!"  The man exclaims, holding that particular piece of technology aloft proudly.
He begins to walk away across the parking lot.  Another member of the group repeats my friend's question.
"What is he talking about?"
The man shouts back an answer right before getting into his car.
"I don't know!"